We are opening a new 5-day workshop during 7-11 October (the week right after the holidays and before the semester starts) titled “Influenza Virology: From Basic Research to Translational Medicine” by Prof. Michael Veit form the Free University of Berlin (FUS). This is a 2-credit course.
- Basics of Influenza virology: Influenza viruses in humans and animals
- Mechanism of virus replication in cells, viral and cellular membrane fusion, virus budding
- Molecular mechanism for adaption of Influenza viruses to new hosts
- Vaccines against Influenza, Immune escape of viruses
- Structure-based drug design to develop antiviral drugs
Instructor: PD Dr. Michael Veit, Free University Berlin, Institute for Virology. e-mail: email@example.com
(For local HUJI inquiries contact Prof. Oded Livnah firstname.lastname@example.org)