The SMART Prize committee members:
- Dr. Oren Kolodny
- Dr. Oren Ram
- Dr. Nethanel Tzarum
- Dr. Yonatan Tzur
- Eligibility: Any Hebrew University graduate student registered in the Institute of Life Sciences at the time of publication, and supervised by a faculty member of the Institute of Life Sciences.
- The paper should be either accepted or published before the application deadline. No papers “in revision” or “in preparation” will be considered.
- Applicants must be first or co‐first author on the accepted paper.
The papers will be evaluated according to:
a. Estimated novelty
b. Creativity and expected impact of the published research
c. The journal's five‐year Impact Factor
d. Journal ranking within its field.
- Each paper may be submitted once (unless decided otherwise by the SMART Prize committee).
- Prize winners may submit another paper after a time period of at least 12 months.
- In the case of papers submitted by students instructed by one of the SMART Prize committee members, a substitute faculty member will be recruited to avoid conflict of interest.
- The committee may decide not to award all prizes in a given round.
All SMART applicants names and publications will be posted on the institute website (including links to PI webpages) and Facebook page 'ביולוגיה בעברית' .